Made from flame-retardant leather and featuring a metatarsal guard, the #971 is designed specifically for smelter work.
- Black flame-retardant leather ‘extreme application’ smelter boot—230mm height
- Non-intrusive metatarsal guard protection
- Ultra-tough, flame-retardant toe scuff cap protection
- Compression-resistant 8 point Ssoftherm® upper insulation against radiant heat
- Full Kevlar® stitched seams resist liquid metal splash and immersion
- Velcro secured flaps for individual fit adjustment—fast exit and entry
- Industry ‘Dip’ tested to 960˚C in molten aluminium & 1520˚C in molten steel
Comprehensive internal testing and risk analysis should be completed prior to using these products, as site and operating conditions vary between locations
- Low density shock absorbing PU midsole with anti-bacterial agent.
- Rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip resistance in varied environments
- excellent cut and slip resistance
- highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- heat resistant to 300˚C
- oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- Removable Comfort Arch footbed with XRD® Extreme Impact Protection forepart insert provides superior comfort.
- Anti-bacterial, washable and breathable footbed.
- SPS Max—XRD® Technology in the heel strike zone for increased impact protection.
- Ergonomically engineered toe spring for reduced wearer fatigue
- Steel shank—ensures correct step flex point, assists with skeletal stability
- Full heel breast with arch support for ladder and gantry safety
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.